Lake Angelus Boating Rules
Assure your enjoyment of the Lake in a safe manner. Learn the rules and ordinances of Lake Angelus.
BOAT LAUNCH CHECKLIST
SUMMARY OF BOATING RULES
Please click here to view complete boating rules. Interested in purchasing a boat? Make sure you know Lake Angelus boat restrictions! Click here to view our "cheat sheet"
Lake Angelus No Wake Curfew
No power-driven boat shall be operated in excess of a slow, no-wake speed before 9 a.m. and after 8 p.m. from Memorial Day through Labor Day and before 9 a.m. and after 7 p.m. after Labor Day to Memorial Day. To be approved on a yearly basis by the City Council, on week days only, skiers may use the slalom course after 7 a.m., but must proceed to and from the slalom course at a slow, no-wake speed.
Welcome to the US Coast Guard Auxiliary’s Recreational Boating Safety Outreach Directorate. Here are a few links you’re probably looking for (or should be):
- Boating safety app: File a float plan, report suspicious activity or pollution, and learn about safe boating on your mobile device.
- Federal safety equipment requirements for vessels: Don’t get caught without the right gear. These are Federal minimum requirements – state and local laws and common sense may dictate carrying additional equipment.
- US Coast Guard Auxiliary: Use the Boating Safety class finder to locate a course near you, check out the Federal minimum equipment requirements for vessels, or download a Float plan to let someone know where you’re going and when you’ll be back.
- Michigan Boating Laws This is a digital publication, developed in conjunction with the Michigan Department of Natural Resources, introducing you to Michigan laws governing boating and safe vessel operation.
- Water Sports Industry Association videos: Learn how to drive respectfully and enjoy our waterways
- Why We Do What We Do:
For a boating safety perspective, please see the “Blake Goshen” story (in the videos at the bottom of the site) and be mindful that, while Lake Angelus has an excellent safety record on our beautiful lake: “Luck is not an acceptable risk mitigation strategy.”
Previous Issues of LA Sound Bight, a Boating Newsletter by previous resident and reserve officer Katie Williamson:
Summer 2016 Issue, Spring 2017 Issue, Summer June 2017 Issue, Summer July 2017 Issue
Notices from City Council and Highlights Brochure:
Lake Angelus Boating Preseason Reminder
Lake Angelus Boating Rules & Regulations - Highlights Brochure